Chicken Lollipop Recipe
Chicken lollipop is an Indo- Chinese appetizer loved by all, from kids to elders. For making these lollipops, you need to have either chicken wings or lollipops made ready for you by your butcher. Even you can find these in the frozen section of supermarkets. In this recipe, I have marinated chicken and deep fried after dipping in a thick batter.
Chicken is something, you will always tempt to have it often. Homemade is always a healthiest way to eat. As you can’t gurantee the freshnees of chicken and oil used in hotels, unless it is a branded one.
You might find different variations of making chicken lollipop. Some recipes don’t call for marination while others need a masala tadka after frying the chicken. I have came up with this recipe after lot of trials. Do try and let me know.
How to make Chicken lollipop with step by step photos:
1. Clean the chicken 2-3 times under running water after rubbing with salt and turmeric.
2. Marinate it with all the ingredients mentioned for marination for about 30 minutes.
3. Make a thick batter by mixing well all the ingredients mentioned under batter except water. Add water little at a time if required to avoid making it running.
4. Heat oil in a deep kadai or frying pan. When it’s hot, take one lollipop, dip it in the batter. Coat well from all sides and drop it in the oil. Fry few more lollipop at the same batch. Let it cook on low flame. Otherwise, it will get brown from outside and raw inside. It will take atleast 2 minutes.
5. Take it out and keep on absorbent paper. Do this to the rest of the lollipops.
6. Garnish with chopped spring onion green. Serve it hot with some onion rings and schezwan sauce.
Did you make a recipe?? Tag it as @flavouredgoodness on Instagram
or send me a snap. Would love to see it!