Pasta has become one of the common food item, which has taken it’s own space in an Indian pantry. And if you have kids, there’s no way you can avoid buying it.
But, if I ask you, how many of us do really know, how long does it take to perfectly boil pasta? Sounds silly, isn’t it??!! Not only the boiling time but, I’m going to share with you how you can save a lot of money. So, read on.
How to perfectly boil pasta and save gas:
1. Take the pasta in a container, in which you are going to boil.
2. Cover the pasta and an inch above with tap water.
3. Add little oil and salt to it. Oil helps to avoid it from sticking to each other.
4. Cook it on high flame till rolling boil. Swirl the pasta around with spoon. Turn off the stove and cover with a lid.
5. Let it sit undisturbed for next 15 minutes.
6. After 15 minutes, drain the water and let it sit in colander till you use it.
Caution: Don’t let it sit in water or even if you drain excess water, make sure it is transfered to a colander. Otherwise, pasta will get mushy and breakup.
Here, you are ready with boiled pasta to make some delicious recipes.