The weather has been charming for the last few days, it’s cloudy and seems like summer will disappear soon. So, before summer actually says bye, let me share this creamy Chikoo Ice Cream recipe. We don’t really wait for summer to enjoy icecream, ain’t we? Anyway, this one is eggless, no churn and without milkmaid.
Don’t have an ice-cream maker and feeling too lazy. This Chikoo Ice Cream is a quick fix. I made it when I was feeling the same, but I had to make for my son. He’s not a chikoo lover. And I wanted to feed him in any way, as it’s homegrown and so organic. He enjoyed it and was least bothered about what went in.
I added less milk while preparing this ice cream. Thus, it was creamier in consistancy and took long time to set and crystalize. Therefore, I didn’t have to beat it often while freezing hours as I did it for while making this Mango Ice Cream. Here, I blend everything and froze it for around 8 hours undisturbed and it was ready to relish.
How To Make Chikoo Ice Cream :
- Scoop out the flesh of the chikoo out of it’s skin. Deseed it, make sure you remove all the smaller parts. You can even use canned chikoo. It will be sugary as compared to the whole fruit.
2. Add it into mixie jar. Along goes sugar, crushed cardamom and half of the milk. Blend it together for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add heavy cream and the remaining milk. Blend again till nice smooth for next 2-3 minutes.
4. If the quantity is more, you can blend cream and milk together, keep it aside. Blend chikoo and rest of the ingredients. And mix everything well till well combined.
5. Transfer it to a freezer safe container and freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight. Scoop, serve and enjoy!!
Did you make a recipe?? Tag it as @flavouredgoodness on Instagram
or send me a snap. Would love to see it and feature it on my Facebook page
Stay connected Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for regular updates.