Ripe Plantain Halwa Recipe
This Ripe Plantain Halwa Recipe makes an ideal maiden post for this year. And I am so happy to share this my own recipe, which came out so well. I hope you also like it and give me your feedback. Before I move forward with the recipe, I want to thank you all for all the support, love and patience shown towards my blog. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
For Makar Sankranti, I got a good quantity of nuts, jaggery and few other things, which my hindu friends gifted me. I made use of it for making this Ripe Plantain Halwa Recipe. So, if you are thinking what to do with these nuts and jaggery, this is one of the way. It’s delicious, healthy and your family will love it.
I have used here ripe plantain / Kerala banana also called Ethapazham in malayalam. You can use a normal ripe banana instead. Check out my other Ethapazham recipe here.
How to make Ripe Plantain Halwa recipe with step by step photos:
- Heat grated jaggery and 1/2 cup of water till it liquidifies on low flame. In the meantime, heat ghee in a seperate pan. Add rava and fry it for 2 minutes.
2. Grind the mixture of roasted peanuts, chana dal, jaggery, sugar and other nuts of your choice into a fine powder (this I got on Sankranti, shown in below second pic). Add this powder along with rava. Don’t forget to keep stirring the rava while you do other things.
3. Add the filtered jaggery syrup and mix well. Keep it on low flame to avoid burning.
4. Cut the ripe plantain into pieces and add it to mixie. Grind it to a smooth paste. No need to add water. Add this to the pan and mix well.
5. Add mentioned water, pinch of salt and crushed cardamom. Mix well and cook till the mixture seperates from the pan. See below last picture.
Did you make a recipe?? Tag it as @flavouredgoodness on Instagram
or send me a snap. Would love to see it and feature it on my Facebook page
Stay connected on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for regular updates.