Rice Cutlet Recipe | Cutlet using leftover rice
Made extra rice and now you don’t know what to do with that leftover rice. Though there are lot of preparations with white rice like curd rice, tomato rice etc. These Rice cutlets are one of the ways to use up that extra rice into a delicious snack which your family will love munching on.
Serve it as an evening snack or breakfast.It is loaded with veggies like carrot, potatoes and you can even add other veggitables like green peas, cabbage and sweet corn. Here I have shallow fried the cutlets for a healthier version, but you free to deep fry it. Coating with bread crumbs and egg dip is totally optional.
How to make rice cutlet with step by step photos:
- Heat a teaspoon of oil. Saute onion, crushed ginger, garlic and chopped green chillies till onion turns translucent.
- Add cooked rice and mix well. turn off the flame.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well with hand.
- Make a lemon size ball and flatten it placing in between your palms. Repeat till the dough is finished.
5. This step is optional. Coat each cutlet with bread crumbs. If you want to deep fry, I rcommend you to first dip in beaten egg then coat with bread crumbs. Here I shallow fried, so spread 2- 3 teaspoon of oil on a pan.
6. Place cutlets on pan and let it fry for 4-5 minutes till golden spot appears. Flip over and cook the other side till golden brown.
7. Take off from flame and serve hot with ketchup as a snack or a breakfast.
Did you make a recipe?? Tag it as @flavouredgoodness or #flavouredgoodness on Instagram
or send me a snap. Would love to see it and feature it on my Facebook page
Stay connected on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for regular updates.