Pumpkin Thalipeeth Recipe
Thalipeeth is a popular dish from Maharashtra. And this Pumpkin Thalipeeth recipe is my mom’s version using pumpkin. Full of nutrition and the sweetness of pumpkin mixed with all other spices makes it so delicious. It’s kids friendly and a good idea for your lunch box.
How to make pumpkin thalipeeth with step by step pictures:
- Peel, deseed (preserve the seeds, it’s nutritional), wash and cube the pumpkin. Pressure cook it along with chopped green chillies, 1 cup of water and salt for 5-7 minutes.
- Meantime, chop other things and make it ready.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds. Add chopped onion. Saute till golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric, jeera and fenugreek powder, chopped coriander leaves. Saute it.
- Add tomato and cook till its mushy. Switch off the flame. Transfer this to a mixing bowl.
- Add cooked pumpkin and grated coconut in the mixing bowl. Mash the pumpkin well using a fork. Add wheat flour and mix everything till well combined.
- Heat a griddle. Take one ladle ful of batter and place on hot tawa. Dip your fingers in a bowl of water and spread the batter from all sides to form a bigger disc.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook uncovered for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat till the batter finishes.
- Serve it with your favourite chutney or pickle. I served with sweet sour mango chutney, which made a good combo.
Did you make a recipe?? Tag it as @flavouredgoodness on Instagram
or send me a snap. Would love to see it and feature it on my Facebook page
Stay connected on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for regular updates.