Plain Paratha Recipe | Soft Paratha
Never thought of posting this recipe. But, it eventually occupied a space in my blog. So, here I’m with a very simple and basic recipe of Paratha or Plain Paratha. Do I need to give any intro?? okay..!! Paratha is an unleavened Indian flat bread, made with wheat and smeared with ghee or oil.
Paratha is a staple food at my home and mainly in all the Indian household, except South India, where it’s replaced by Dosa.
I’m sure whoever is familiar with it, loves to enjoy it hot from tawa. We as a kid, used to love these layered chapati. Yes!, we used to call it chapati. Actually, if any oil or ghee is applied on Roti or Phulka, it’s called Chapati. And when it’s layered it’s Parantha. Usually, we get three different layers from each Paratha. The top and bottom layer will be crispy and the middle layer would be very soft. So, lets get into the recipe and see how we can make it.
You may find variations in ingredient. Some like to add curd and others oil. But, the fact and secret to a soft flat bread is kneading and how well you can do it.
How To Make Plain Paratha with step by step photos:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour and salt.
2. Pour water little at a time till you are able to form it into a ball.
3. Now knead it for 5-7 minutes. Punch it, hit it. However, you can knead it.
* I sometimes apply very little oil to get rid of the sticky dough from my fingers.
4. Make it to a smooth dough. Cover it till you make parathas to avoid drying.
5. Divide the dough into 10 equal sized balls.
6. Take a ball. Press it flat. Coat it with flour and dust it. Roll it into 3-4 inches in diameter. Pour some oil on top and spread with your fingers.
7. Fold it into half. Hopefully, you might have some oil already on your fingers. Press it again and fold into quarter. Coat it with flour and dust it.
* If no oil left on your fingers, Spread oil again after the first fold.
8. Again roll it into an evenly flat disc. Heat a griddle or tawa. Let the paratha cook on one side till you see it puff up. Flip to other side. Smear oil or ghee. Flip and smear ghee again.
9. Take out and keep it closed in a casserole till you serve.
Did you make a recipe?? Tag it as @flavouredgoodness on Instagram
or send me a snap. Would love to see it and feature it on my Facebook page
Stay connected on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for regular updates.