Wish you all a very Happy Onam!!.
Hope you all are ready for the big sadhya. My mission is still incomplete and today’s moru curry will be another dish to be added to the list of food items served for Onam Sadhya. So, ofcourse I am sharing you the style in which all the malayalees prepare this dish. We put coconut in every possible dish we prepare and so this recipe is prepared by cooking buttermilk and coconut paste and seasoned later.
So, let’s get into detail
How to make Kerala Style Moru Curry step by step:
- Grind together fresh or frozen grated coconut, shell onions, cumin seeds, green chillies, ginger, garlic, turmeric and curry leaves to a fine paste by adding little water as needed.
- Boil this coconut paste by adding about 1/4 cup of water and little salt. Let this cool down.
- Add little salt to the required quantity of curd and whisk it. Add this to the cooked coconut mixture and mix well.
- If you have a sour buttermilk, you can cook it along with the coconut mixture
- Take a seasoning pan, heat oil. When hot, splutter mustard seeds, curry leaves, dry red chilly and hing. Add this seasioning to the coconut and curd mixture and mix well. Check for salt and serve.
If you want to check out other onam sadhya recipes on the blog, below I have mentioned their links:
Let me know how was your onam sadhya. Enjoy the day!!
Did you make a recipe?? Tag it as @flavouredgoodness on Instagram
or send me a snap. Would love to see it and feature it on my Facebook page
Stay connected on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for regular updates.