This pasta I made with whatever I had in my fridge ;). Mainly prepared with marinated fish and salad vegetables. I had this marinated fish (basa) at hand, which I tried frying the previous day. Somehow, we didn’t like the way it was cooked. So, thought of experimenting with pasta. And, hurray!!… I got the right combo. The fish marinated in mayonnaise along with a very generous amount of other spices goes very well with pasta. I hope you too will like it..
Other pasta recipes:
How to make Creamy Basa Fish Pasta:
1. Clean fish with little lemon and milk, if you don’t like it’s smell. Otherwise, a simple wash with salt is enough.
2. Cut fish fillet in small pieces, almost the size of pasta. It’s texture is very delicate, so don’t cut it too small.
3. Marinate it with all the ingredients and refrigerate for atleast half an hour to 24 hrs.
4. Boil pasta in 2 cups of water, a tsp salt. As the pasta starts to cooks, stir it well, so that it won’t stick to each other. Cook on low flame for 15 mins. Drain the pasta well in colander.
5. Heat a deep pan. Now add the marinated fish and sliced onion. Let it cook for 2 minutes. No need to add any oil. the mayonaise itself will leave oil. Then add chopped vegetables. Cook it for another 1 minute, to retain the crunchiness of vegetables used. Switch off the flame. Take it out in a bowl.
6. In the same pan, add flavoured butter, let it melt on low flame. Mix in maida well. Pour milk and at the same time keep stirring to avoid forming lumps. Add little pepper.
7. Combine well pasta, fish mixture to this sauce and let it be on flame for a minute. Serve hot. Its a perfect treat for dinner.
Did you make a recipe?? Tag it as @flavouredgoodness on Instagram
or send me a snap. Would love to see it!