Clam Roast | Kakka Eracht Roast Recipe – Kerala Style
To roast, it needs little of your time. It tastes hot and spicy and crispy too. Crispy, may be because we bought extra small clam, which after roasting made it something like roasted dal.. :). What I like more about these roasted Kerala dishes are the few coconut pieces which are added to make it more yummilicious…Do try this and let me know, how it came out for you…
How to make clam roast or kakka irachi roast with step by step photos:
Part I :
1. Wash the clam with salt water first time. Later with plain water for 6-8 times or till the water appears clear.
2. Mix all the ingredients of Part I in an earthen pot or you can even use small cooker. Cover the pot and cook it on medium flame for 15-20 minutes. If using cooker, cook for 6-7 minutes.
3. Heat coconut oil in a shallow pan. Fry coconut pieces till light golden brown.
4. Add crushed onions. Saute onions till translucent, then add all the masala powders. Stir it.
5. If using tomato, add now or you can directly add the cooked clam. If water is remaining, you can add that too. Mix well.
6. Cook it uncovered for 10-12 minutes. Mix often to avoid burning at the bottom. Add oil if needed.
7. Check for salt. If you haven’t used tomato, then add lime juice now and mix it. Serve it hot with steamed rice and curd.
Did you make a recipe?? Tag it as @flavouredgoodness on Instagram
or send me a snap. Would love to see it!