Learn how to make Chicken Cutlet with step by step photos. As the name suggest, chicken is the main ingredients and boiled potato has been added for binding purpose.
Making chicken cutlet or any other cutlet was a big horrifying fact for me, as few of my initial attempts of making cutlets were all a big flop. And I pledged not to ever try it again. But sometimes things are not under your control. I was always overwhelmed by seeing my cousins make those perfect beauties and the urge to make it, happened again, but this time, it was a success and thus the success journey begun.
Okay! Enough of story telling, now lets get back to the business. You might be one like me initially but trust me practice makes the woman also perfect. So, don’t let it go.. Every time I make, this chicken cutlet is a hit in my family.
How to make Chicken Cutlet with step by step photos:
- In a small pressure cooker, add washed minced chicken, pepper, salt and a pinch of turmeric. Mix well. Close and cook for 5 minutes. Let the pressure subside.
- Meanwhile, in a separate flat pan, pour oil, saute onion till glassy. Add chopped green chillies, ginger- garlic paste. Fry till it’s raw aroma is gone. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix.
- Add boiled and mashed potatoes, garam masala, salt. Mix well till all well combined and wait till it cools down.
- Make lemon size balls out of it and press flat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Beat 1 egg in a small ball. Add salt. Dip and coat cutlet, one at a time, into the egg mix. Take it out carefully draining the excess liquid.
6. Drop it into a bowl of bread crumb. coat well by shaking the bowl from all sides. That way you don’t spoil either your fingers or the crumbs. Carefully flip it using a fork. Take it out, with no extra crumbs on it. Lightly press all over so that the crumbs don’t fall off while frying.
7. Drop it into a Kadhai of hot oil. Fry till dark golden brown. Drain it onto a tissue paper.
8. Repeat the process for the remaining cutlets and serve hot with bowl of tomato ketchup.
Did you make a recipe?? Tag it as @flavouredgoodness on Instagram
or send me a snap. Would love to see it and feature it on my Facebook page
Stay connected on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for regular updates.