Cheese Puri Recipe | Kids Snack
Cheese Puris, unlike other puri is a deep fried Indian flat bread, made of wheat flour and cheese.
Recently I have been making puris more often to enjoy in this monsoon. Your kids will love to eat those hot puri as it is, without any side dish and very less nutrient goes into those tiny tummies. That’s when you think of adding something good along with the dough and make it more interesting.
The addition of potatoes keeps it soft for longer time and So, you have got one more lunch box item added to the list. Earlier I was sceptical as to how the cheese will react in oil. But, it turned out to be good.
So, let’s get started.
How to make cheese puri, kids snack:
- Crush green chillies and ginger nicely.
- Heat 1-2 tsp of oil. Saute onion and crushed green chillies and ginger. Turn off the flame.
- Take wheat flour in a mixing bowl. Add sauteed onion, ginger, chillies, mashed potato, grated cheese, lime.
- As we are adding grated cheese, be careful while adding salt. Very little will be enough.
- Mix everything well and knead to get a stiff dough. Add little water if needed.
- Set aside for atleast 30 minutes.
- Either you can roll out into small puris or roll into a big chapati and use cutter to get desired shapes.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Once hot, drop the puris one at a time and fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot along with some chutney or tea. Children will love to have it as it is.
Did you make a recipe?? Tag it as @flavouredgoodness on Instagram
or send me a snap. Would love to see it and feature it on my Facebook page
Stay connected on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for regular updates.