Quick and easy Basa Fish Wrap with step by step photos for a quick dinner.
This was a first trial of this combination and we loved it. For a quick and easy dinner when we don’t long for an indian meal, I usually make chicken wrap , which is as easy as this one. This time I thought of wrapping a fish and it did well!
I like to make a wrap using lachcha paratha , for we have tried one from a hotel here. It can be replaced with chapati or rumali roti too. So, let see how to assemble everything to make a good wrap.
How to make a Fish wrap or Basa Fish Wrap with step by step photos:
- Wash fish twice with tap water and for the third time, add little salt, tablespoon of milk and little turmeric to the water and give it a final wash. Steam it for 10 minutes (meanwhile you can move on to step 3.). After fish cools down, remove all the bones if present. If using fillets, you can avoid this.
- Add mayonaise, oregano, garlic powder and chilli flakes to fish and mix well.
3. Heat oil in a kadai or pan. Once hot, add crushed garlic and sliced onion. Saute it till the raw smell goes. Add carrot, potato and beetroot. Saute till it’s cooked. Add little water if needed.
4. Take one egg in a bowl (one egg for one paratha). Add pepper and salt. Beat it well. Pour it on hot tawa, spread it across.
5. When half cooked. Put one paratha on top and press it all sides. Flip it over. Cook for another 2 minutes. Take off from the heat.
6. Now, lets start assembling one by one. Put the cooked veggies in the middle of the paratha. Next fish mixture. Top it with tomato and chilly sause. Wrap and secure it tight.
Serve it hot as a quick , easy and filling dinner along some cold drinks.
Did you make a recipe?? Tag it as @flavouredgoodness on Instagram
or send me a snap. Would love to see it and feature it on my Facebook page
Stay connected on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for regular updates.