Banana Bread Recipe
You might be wondering what to do with those overripe bananas lying in your pantry. Eat IT!!?? That’s the easy way to finish it off, Isn’t it??. But, this isn’t a good idea, as the winter is on and you don’t want to hurt your throat.
And I’m sure there are many who do not like to eat those over-ripe bananas. They will better opt to throw it. But, HEY STOP!!, here’s the recipe, which might help you use up those over ‘soft-guey’ bananas.
If you have read my earlier post, you know how much I’m possessed of buying bananas just to make this Banana Bread. After buying, I literally wait for next 2-3 days or until it shows dark spots on its skin. That’s the correct time when bananas would be at its peak of sweetness. And you are ready to go for making this delicious Banana Bread.
How To Make Banana Bread with step-by-step photos:
1. Peel bananas and cut into big chunks in a mixing bowl.
2. Grind cinnamon and sugar to fine powder. Add this to the mixing bowl along with bananas. Microwave this for 1 minute.
3. Take out from microwave and mash the bananas well along with sugar. using a fork.
4. Add oil, essence and a pinch of salt. Blend eggs in the same mixie jar in which sugar was ground. Add this to the banana mixture. Mix with spatula or a whisk.
Caution : Don’t use blender for this recipe. It will make the bread hard.
5. In a seperate bowl, sieve flour and baking powder.
6. Now, add half of the flour to the wet ingredient. Mix it well in one direction using spatula. Don’t overmix.
7. Add rest of the flour and combine well. Add nuts of your choice and mix it again. Here, I used tutti-frutti and chia seeds.
8. Preheat the oven @140 C. Grease the baking tray and dust with flour. Pour the batter into the pan. And tap once to release the air bubbles.
9. Bake it for 20-25 minutes @140 C or till the tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Unmould onto a wire rack and let it cool completely.
Did you make a recipe?? Tag it as @flavouredgoodness on Instagram
or send me a snap. Would love to see it!