Best Ever Healthy Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe
Best Ever Eggless Chocolate Cake recipe with step-by-step photos. Quick and easy to make cake for all chocolate lovers.
Eggless cakes was never in my to-do list and why should it be? I love EGG! and we love EGG! And imagining a cake without egg is ‘not-so-going-to-happen’. The texture, the taste, it all goes hand-in-hand with the addition of eggs. I know a family friend of us, who is a brahmin. But, they are not bothered about the egg in cake. They agree that if you want cake, eggs will come along.
However, the circumstances make you to do and try something new. And trying an eggless cake was new to me. I started making eggless cakes for the sake of my neighbor, who happen to be a brahim family too, but strict followers. And I learned a few versions.
Now, coming back to today’s post, I will be sharing some tips about the ‘Chocolate‘ rather than eggs. I tried few versions of this Eggless Chocolate Cake and I’m so so happy with the one I’m gonna share with you in this post.
Finally, I am here with the Most Moist, Best Ever, Delicious, Dark Chocolate Cake. This recipe has gained all the adjectives a Chocolate Cake should have without eggs. It’s eggless and not even the milkmaid got the credit.
- I use Morphy Richards convention microwave oven. And bake all the cakes @ 140 degree celcius for 25 minutes. You can use the same setting if you have the same product.
- As I understand, every product works differently. Settings will differ for different product and for different pan size.
- Making cake for the first time, start preparing with half the quantity. (above measurement makes approx 500 gms). So, even if you spoil, it won’t be a much loss. you can atleast have a toast. 😉
How to make Eggless chocolate cake with step by step photos:
1. Keep the baking pan ready by greasing it with oil and dusting with flour or cocoa powder.
2. Start mixing all the dry ingredients in a bowl. You can mix it with hand whisk or sieve it. The idea is to mix the leavening agents (baking powder and baking soda) evenly. It also helps in incorporating more air.
Note: You can mix coffee powder with hot water and add at the very end.
3. Now, lets mix all the wet ingredients( except hot water) in a seperate mixing bowl(bigger, which holds the dry ingredients too).
5. Now, use hand mixer and blend for 20-30 seconds on low speed.
6. Preheat the oven @ 140 degree celcius (same temperature at which you will be baking).
7. Add boiling water with coffee (if not mixed with dry ingredients). Blend it again for 20 seconds. It will be watery and of runny consistency. Don’t panic, that’s what we need.
Findings: Tried without hot water, result : Texture was ok, dull colour, and did’nt taste like chocolate.
With hot water, result : Soft and moist. Boiling water and coffee powder enhanced the decadent taste of chocolate, gave a deep dark colour and tasted chocolaty.
6. Transfer the batter into the baking pan. Pat the pan once to help escape all the air bubbles. Bake it @ 140 degree celcius for 25 minutes. For muffins, bake @ 140 degree celcius for 6-7 minutes.
7. Allow it to cool down in pan for 10 minutes. Unmould it and let it cool completely before you frost.
How to make ganache: (optional)
1. Take all the ingredients in a bowl. Heat it on low flame till just hot(don’t boil).
2. Turn off the flame and mix well till all combined.
Note: I used dark chocolate, so added more sugar. Check for your taste.
3. When still warm pour and coat ganache over the cooled cake. Decorate it with some grated nuts. Ganache thickens once cooled.
Did you make a recipe?? Tag it as @flavouredgoodness on Instagram
or send me a snap. Would love to see it and feature it on my Facebook page
Stay connected Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for regular updates.